Monday, March 15, 2010

Reflection

This May I will be graduating from the undergrad program at New Orleans Theological Seminary and I thought I would post some reflections.
First I could have never accomplished this without my family. Thanks to my wife Tammy and children Kalib, Morgan, and Cory. You four are a blessing and great encouragement to my life. You left everything to follow me and for that I am grateful.

To The Lord's Church for it's support and love through these years of training and learning; you are a great church.

Some lessons I have learned from this journey; 1. It feels great to finish something. This has not always been my best quality. 2. God is faithful. When we left Florida we had no idea of how we would make it but God has made a way. 3. I have learned discipline. If pastoring were easy everyone would be doing it. The fact is, this is a very hard calling but through discipline, focus, and God's leadership, It has been and (I hope will continue to be) a very rewarding experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment